Monday, March 28, 2011

Blooming

Spring, spring, spring.  I am definitely ready for the sunshine, the flowers, the smell of grass, playing outside, and everything else that comes along with spring.  I LOVE spring.  When I saw this springy craft, I just knew I had to do something similar.  So here is my version. 

I took the same FELT circle flowers--3 circles deep.  
Simple "X" stitch to hold them together.
I then cut a piece of cardboard to fit in my 8x10 frame.
Covered the board with burlap.
Marked out the spacing for the flowers and hot-glued them into place.
Oh, and of course I started with an old (and not cute) frame.  After a couple coats of some yellow paint and a little sanding, I was in LOVE with the frame.  Isn't paint the best!
And lastly, I placed the covered cardboard into the frame.  
Done and done.
I think that perhaps the best part was that my 4-year old son told me it was really cute when I was done.  It is the best getting positive feedback from my kids.  Love it!

2 comments:

  1. Cool blog! I'm excited to keep up with all your cute crafts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice blog. love it. im starting to do some crafts.

    http://momdaughterstyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete