Tuesday, December 6, 2011

19 days...

The countdown has begun.  It's hard to believe only 19 days until Christmas--kind of crazy!  Here is how we do our countdown and advents at our house:
 I use my same "Thankful" frame, only this time I hang the countdown.
Pretty easy...just some scrapbook paper & a little distressing ink.  
Now the Advent Calendar:
 This is my version of the Dollar Store cookie sheet.  I painted it, Mod Podged some paper.  Then I made a grid--one rectangle per day and labeled the date--just like a calendar.  
 I used various Christmas items--stickers, chipboard, ornaments--anything I could find that was about the right size.  Simply add a little magnet, then each day my kids take turns picking the item to go on the calendar for that day.  
 It won't be long and this will all be full!  Christmas will be here before we know it!
Happy Countdown to Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. And I need to make one of these advent calendars next year with you too! My "to craft" list is getting longer

    ReplyDelete