Friday, April 20, 2012

My Baby's Hand

Okay--here's a Jennifer original.  (I know, kind of amazing!)  This is a little project I did a few years back with my older two kids, and now it's Reese's turn.
At 6 months, I have traced my child's hand and made a little stitchery out of it.  I combined it with a photo of them at 6 months.  It is fun to have a little comparison of all my kids at 6 months!

For the frames, I took the $1 wooden frames you can buy from Michael's.  I think you can buy them from other craft stores, but Michael's is the cheapest I have found.  
I simply painted the sides white...
Cut scrapbook paper to cover the frame (just trace around the frame onto the paper)...
 Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the frame to glue the paper to the frame.  I also applied a layer of Mod Podge over the paper to seal it.
Pretty easy, right?  Love it!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this. {And I love those $1 frames too!} What a sweet way to preserve a memory! Would you consider sharing it here?

    http://oneartmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/shine-on-fridays-24-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea which I will definitely try...just have to learn to hand stitch first - I'm hopeless. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe I love this, so cute! I love the idea of tracing the baby's hand. Thanks for sharing this at The Winthrop Chronicles.

    ReplyDelete