Monday, March 26, 2012

Carrot Bags

Here is a repost of a fun Easter project from last year.  I hope you enjoy!
I got this idea from my mom a few years ago.  Check out these cute little carrot bags.  They can be used as decoration (I stuffed mine with some grocery bags), or they can be filled with candy and goodies and treats and can be given as little Easter gifts.  They come together really quick, so dig through your fabric and find some scraps of orange and green fabric.  I used some orange burlap and love how they turned out.  So fun!
 Here is a quick tutorial (but they are pretty self-explanatory).
--First make a pattern on cardstock, regular paper, or whatever you have on hand.  The above picture shows the dimensions I used for mine.  Then cut your fabric out (of course lining up the fabric fold with the "fold" side of your pattern.
--Unfold the two pieces and sew them together (right sides together).  Fold in half (right sides in) and sew along the side seam, starting at the tip of the carrot.
--Turn right side out.
--Cut strips at the top to make the leafy top.  I made mine about 1/2" wide, and I cut down about 1 1/2".
--Then use strips of your green fabric (again about 1/2" wide) to make ties for the top of the bag.
Simple.  I guess that is how I roll around here because let's be honest, my kids don't allow for many projects that take time and too much concentration!

14 comments:

  1. OH these are just FANTASTIC! They would make great easter egg 'baskets' - I'm sure the Easter bunny would love them!

    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and am your newest follower. Thanks for creating such an amazing blog full of inspiration. I'll be back often (and I LOVE these little bags)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great. I wonder if I could find time to make some of these for the church egg hunt? Hmm... Visiting from Show and Tell at Blue Cricket.
    ~Kimberlee
    {$15 Amazon GC Giveaway} 

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so very cute! I hope you don't mind, but I spotlighted your cute carrot bag on my blog! Thanks for inspiring me!!! (I forgot to put my blog address ;-) orangepeanut.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jennifer,
    Thank you very much for your tutorial!!!!
    I posted your link in my blog: http://craftaholic-carinecale.blogspot.com/2011/04/cones-de-cenourinhas-de-juta-como-fazer.html

    Kind Regards,
    Carine Calé

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oi Jenifer, são lindas eu amei, vi no blog da Carine "Craft Aholic" e vim conhecer o seu blog, lindas as cenourinhas, super delicadas.
    Parabéns!!!
    venha conhecer o meu blog também, http://sandra-puramagia.blogspot.com
    será um prazer.
    Beijinhos
    Sandra Ferreyra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! This is really cute little carrot bags. I love it. That's wonderful looking of your bags and post. Nice Images... Good luck always...
    Tote Cotton Bags

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are adorable! We're passing on the Versatile Blogger Award to you - Stop by Bringingbeauty.blogspot.com and check out our post to learn more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh these are ADORABLE!!!! Love love love this idea!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are amazing! I love them. I hope you will link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop if you haven't already.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/03/hippity-hop-easter-project-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. These carrots are darling! Thanks for joining us for "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Come and join us again next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete