Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Old Window Love

About 6 months ago I was given an old window.  It had rusty mesh in between the panes, which I knew needed a change, but it took me up until now to figure out just what I wanted to do with it.  I must admit, my husband was awesome.  He helped me carefully take it apart to get the mesh out and replace it with chicken coop wire.  I LOVE how it turned out.  
 I cleaned it up a bit, but I left the paint as-is.  I wanted the aged look.  I also spray-painted my coop wire a brownish-gold color.  It really is hard to tell, but I just didn't want the wire such a shiny silver.  I am excited to hang things from the chicken coop wire, depending on the season or my mood!
 I also added these knobs.  My husband was against the knobs, but I really wanted them.  I bought some cheap brass knobs from Hobby Lobby.  Then I painted them.  I used a teal color and brown.  I just kind of mixed the paint as I went.  Then once they were dried I sanded them down a little.  I think they turned out great.
I am so happy with the finished product.  Too bad it took me so long to figure out what to do with it!

5 comments:

  1. Cool! Where did u get the idea for this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had seen similar projects floating around blogworld. I thought it would be great to also be able to hang pictures or fun things, so that is why I added the little knobs. So I guess I got the idea from a conglomerate of places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jennifer, Just stopping by to let you know you are the random winner for participating in Create With Me this month!! Hop on over and pick any item from Little Miss Momma's shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I made something just like it for my daughter's room (http://antsi-pants.blogspot.com/2011/03/katelyns-desk-chicken-wire-board.html)
    I wish I had a window like yours to transform. The knobs are a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! You have such a cute fun blog!

    ReplyDelete