Friday, January 20, 2012

Valentines Banner

I threw together a quick and easy heart banner for Valentines Day.  I combined a couple different ideas I saw around Christmastime on Pinterest.  Here is what I came up:
 I used a paper grocery bag and cut out several hearts.  I also used a little Valentines scrapbook paper for one heart.  I distressed the edges a little with some brown ink.
Then I moved on to the sewing--I sewed around 60% of the heart, shoved in a little batting to give it some poof, then finished sewing it up.
Trim the threads and pin to some ribbon.
Easy, Peasy.
 I love what it added to my mantel!
Love is in the air! (okay, a little cheesy, I know.)

1 comment:

  1. I love love love this and it sure makes me miss seeing your entryway. I want your help doing some signs once we move to oregon ok?

    ReplyDelete