Wednesday, January 16, 2013

From Clock to Chalk

So I have had this broken clock for awhile.  I just couldn't bring myself to throw it away, because I really liked it.  I knew that I would eventually I would know EXACTLY what I wanted to do with it.

And it happened.  One day last week while perusing some blogs, I though CHALKBOARD.  That is what my clock needs to be!  So I dug it out and went to work--not that it took much for this transformation.

The "face plate" had a hole in the middle.  I just put a piece of duct tape on the back, filled it in with wood filler. and sanded it down.  Then I spray painted it with chalkboard spray paint (AWESOME!!!). I also decided the whole thing needed a little more color.  So I took my paint that I used for my headboard transformation  and painted on a couple layers.  Then lastly, I just sanded it down a bit to show some of the original black.

I am so happy with how it turned out!  And it was simple.  Hmm, I think that is about how all of my projects are these days!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute idea! I need to try out the chalkboard spray paint. That is awesome!